03 Camry XLE Mileage Computer

I have the mileage/mpg/miles.................... to empty computer on my vehicle. I have computed manually my mpg and the computer seems to be off by about 3 mpg. Is there a way to re-calibrate this either by the user or dealer?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Stevie Ray

I have the same question. The computer shows 5 miles higher average gas milage.

Reply to
Jason

Reply to
Stevie Ray

In news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, Jason being of bellicose mind posted:

Do you really expect ACCURACY from ... a gadget!?? LOL

Reply to
Philip®

Correction: Do you really expect accuracy from a gadget in a Toyota?

Reply to
Art Begun

In news:j7zyb.32624$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, Art Begun being of bellicose mind posted:

news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com,

Is this going to turn into an unabashed Crapsler commercial? ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

Sorry I haven't answered this earlier, but I was travelling.

ISame experience with my 2003 Camry 4-cylinder XLE, which I bought last March and now has about 4,900 miles on it. The displayed Average MPG is always 20% to 30% higher then the actual. For example, after a recent tank of gas the display said 32.9 mpg while the actual was 27.1 mpg (380.6 miles; 14.0 gallons). That's 21% high.

I have been keeping pretty detailed record of the mileage. The cumulative mileage (total miles since the car was new / total gallons) is now around 20 mpg. Immediately after a fillup, the "Range" display is always around 360 miles. Since the tank capacity is 18.5 gallons, that computes to 19.5 mpg,; pretty close to the actual cum mileage.

I mentioned these errors to the service writer last week when I had the oil changed. He claimed ignorance and said he would research the problem. I'll call him tomorrow to see if he "found" anything!

Reply to
S & B

In news:1g6e2kr.1wqae2dwps6xuN% snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org, S & B being of bellicose mind posted:

Hahahha. 4,900 miles in 9 months .... and you're worried about gas mileage and the silly driving computer's accuracy. Good grief. Round up to 550 miles per MONTH. LOL. You should be worried about cob webs.

Reply to
Philip®