1990 Camry

Hello all. I have a 1990 Camry, 3S-FE 2.0L engine, about 165K miles. Starts well and runs well with one exception. Upon acceleration from a stop, it stumbles. If I hold gas pedal in one postion, it will eventually come up to speed. If I am already going highway speed and I try to accelerate, I really have to push it a long way to feel a difference. However, if I punch it to the floor, it will really accelerate, though I know I have kicked it down gearwise. Yesterday I replaced the plugs, air filter, and fuel filter. After I read some notes in the newsgroups, I am considering replacing the O2 sensor, the throttle position sensor, and the dist. cap/wires. Can I clean any of these parts and reuse them? (I'm trying to avoid spending big bucks.) Or would anyone out there suggest which part to try first.

I really enjoy this car and I want to get the performance back to where it can be.

Thanks for help in advance, I appreciate it.

Gary in NC.

Reply to
forddriver