Tire recommendations - 98 Camry XLE

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a set of tires for my '98 Camry XLE (V6). Can anybody offer recommendations (or suggest tires to avoid)?

Thanks.

Reply to
Grant Bannister

I have a set of Yokohama YK420s (bought from Discount / America's Tire Company) and they are *EXCELLENT* tires. No road noise, the car handles extremely well. I can take corners a lot faster than should be, no squeals or anything.

YK420s are rated for 65k mi and Discount has always done a good job.

I would avoid the Yokohama Avid H4s, they are noisy tires.

Good luck! John.

Reply to
John

Michelin just released a new tire called the Hydroedge which is replacing the Xone

. From my discussions with a local tire shop, its aim is to provideexceptional wet and snow traction, while giving a smooth quiet ride. If you want a tire with excellent snow and ice traction, go with the Nokian WR's
. They arethe only tire that have the severe snow symbol and can be used in thesummer.

Reply to
Car Guy