1991 Camry Starts Hard

I own a 4 cyl Camry in wonderful condition. The only problem is that cold or hot it takes excessive cranks for it to start on its own. If I press the gas pedal a little and crank it will start. I checked the cold start valve for ohm reading and its okay. Is there another sensor I need to check?

Reply to
jberenyi

See if you can find a small rectangular opening right in front at the bottom of the throttle body - that would be the air intake for the idle control valve. Even though the electrical resistance is OK, sometimes they stick a little. Spray some Tri-Flow (found in bicycle shops or home improvement stores) into that air intake opening with the engine stumbling at cold idle. Should clear it right up. If not, you'll have to consider replacing the valve. On mine, I did replace the valve, but the problem returned and this solved it.

Reply to
Daniel