1992 LE Question to experts....?

Hello, My sister has my 1992 4 Cylinder Camry LE, which now has

295,000miles on the clock. I change the oil every 5,000 miles with Mobile 1, but the filter at every 2,000 miles. She pputs about 9,000 miles a year on the car, back and forth to school. I had the chain replaced at 200,000, and a few other routine things, radiator, hoses, tranny fluid.

HOW much more life will this car get? -Thanks- Chuck, Toms River NJ

Reply to
Chuckyg

Ya mean timing belt? (not a chain on that model) Why would you change the oil filter that often - just curious. Why wouldn't you just change both every 6 months (4500 miles)? With that low annual mileage - it must be local miles so that's harder on car than long distance highway miles. I'd say start saving for a new one - trans goes and you're looking at $3k or more than vehicle is worth. Fail emissions test and there's another big engine rebuild cost.

1, but the filter at every 2,000 miles. She pputs about 9,000 miles a year on the car, back and forth to school. I had the chain replaced at 200,000, and a few other routine things, radiator, hoses, tranny fluid.
Reply to
Wolfgang