1995 Camry cruise control

The cruise control will not set and hold the speed setting.

When I turn on the control the dash light comes on. However, when setting speed it flashes about 5 times but does not set speed. Is this a code? The light then stays on but will not flash again until the car is restarted.

Reply to
RD

============================ Check the obvious first - binding cables or sticking linkage, poor connections at the wiring connectors, if it turns out to be the magnetic clutch inside the unit, or the electronic control, parts can be expensive. I didn't find any codes for the cruise control, but that is not normal behaviour - it's telling you there's a problem with the system. Not sure what codes would reveal in any event, there aren't multiple solenoids or sensors, just the single unit. If it's not something obvious, try finding one used. There were lots of that year Camry sold, and the cruise control is generally reliable.

Reply to
Daniel

Yes, the light will flash 5-times if there is a problem. A trouble code should be stored in memory. Go to the link below and find the service manual for this year car. The manual will have instructions to access the code and what the problem might be.

toyomoho

Thanks for the information. I expect it will be helpful.

RD

toyomoho wrote:

Reply to
RD