1995 Camry won't start

My 1995 Camry-4cyl- will crank but won't start. It began a couple of months ago when it began stalling at stop signs, etc.. I changed the IAC VALVE, COOLANT TEMP SENSOR, and VSV VALVE but it began stalling again and now it won't start. It ran fine before it stalled and it seemed to happen after driving for a while. I tested the coil inside the distributer cap today and it read 1.1 ohms which is out of the normal range of 0.4 to 0.5 ohms ( primary, the secondary was ok). Is the coil bad? Or should the distributer be replaced?Also when I took the distributer cap off there was a little oil underneath where the cap meets the distributer body. Is this a problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Reply to
prpcm

Oil leaking past the distributor o-ring can do this to your coil, according to m Ransley (see below). You probably want to check the igniter too while at it. You can also google old messages on how to replace the o-ring, which is a common problem as the car aged.

So make sure you replace that o-ring in the distributor.

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

How do I get the distributer out! I took the 2 bolts out but it won't budge! Anything on the net that shows it? Thanks again!

Reply to
prpcm

How do I get the distributer out! I took the 2 bolts out but it won't budge! Anything on the net that shows it? Thanks again!

Reply to
prpcm

How do I get the distrbutor out of my 1995 camry? Anybody know of a site that shows how its done? Took the 2 bolts out but it won't budge! Help! Thanx!

Reply to
prpcm

NickySantoro

Autozone's free online repair guide here:

Haynes manual also shows how.

Reply to
johngdole