1999 Camry crankshaft pulley bolt

We mechanics all tried that years ago...then we all bought the tools. The price has come down quite a bit along with greater availability. On most engines, when an impact doesn't work, you can use a breaker bar, and then "bump" the engine using the starter, but those 4cyl Honda's turn CCW, so the bolt would just get tighter.

As for semi-deep sockets, I'm pretty sure Craftsman makes them too, not just Snap-On. and speaking of which...

ANYBODY, can walk up to a Snap-On truck and buy stuff, next time you see one parked somewhere have a look!

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yeah, Craftsman does; I read the comments on sears.com about semi-deep sock ets and folks were complaining they were hard to find, offered for sale som etimes and not other times of the year... some folks said to try eBay but I wanted that bolt off quickly, and not have to wait another week for a part to arrive.

Amazing... I'll keep it in mind!

Reply to
mrdarrett