2000 Camry Squeak-202,000kms

Alright, I have another question. Today for the first time ever, the front drivers side tire started squeaking as the car was driving. It did it as soon as I pulled out of the driveway. The only time it stops is when I press the break. It kinda goes away above 60 kph, but I can't be sure as the wind noise may drown it out. Anyone had an experience like this before. Its not grinding which should mean that my disk is ok, but someone mentioned that it may be a wheel bearing. But why would the sqeaking stop if the breaks are on? I just spent almost $900 to have front end work done. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Reply to
camryguy89

Possible stuck caliper. The pad doesn't move away from your rotor when you release your brakes. My guess is that corrosion of the caliper bore causes the piston to get stuck. The fix would be to replace the caliper or clean your caliper bore and replace the seals. To test for this, jack up the tire and give the brakes a hard push and then try turning the tire to see if the pads are rubbing.

Reply to
dsi1

Yeah, thats what it was. Because the break pads were stuck on the rotor, I have to replace both rotors, 1 caliper and all of the break pads in the front...

Reply to
camryguy89