2002 JBL CD problem

A CD is stuck in the JBL single disk CD player in my 2002 Camry, LX. Anyone know how to get it removed or instructions on how to remove the entire unit? Any other options would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Spyglass

Try disconnecting the battery for about two minutes. When you reconnect it, the CD player should automatically eject.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Mike As Long as there's no theft code in the radio , the reply from Steve B should work. If there's a code, make sure you know it before you disconnect the power. It shouldn't matter, but sometimes this does occur in battery replacement situations, so It's just good to think ahead.

Also, I should note to you, that, If you are making your own cd's at home and using them in the car, they should not have the homemade Adhesive lables on them. These lables are the number one reason I make money as a Audio system repair guy.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I think pulling the radio fuse will do the same trick. That way, you don't have to reset your clock.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Steve, Viper, & Muadib:

Thanks for the information. I first removed the fuse and replaced it after

2 minutes. The panel shows the CD but no action. No noise or any other action that indicated that the player was trying to eject or restart. Based on Muadib's warning about the theft code, I'll check with dealer to make sure I will not have any problem when I disconnect the battery. I'll report back the results.

The CD is an original that my daughter purchased at BestBuy, so there should not be a problem with it. She had been playing it before the CD player froze.

Mike

Reply to
Spyglass

Definitely look closer to your owners manual and see if there is maybe another fuse on the panel that is related to the radio. It is possible that you pulled what would be deemed "ignition power" when you will also need to remove the Battery + power, which is also fused in the car somewhere...........but still check with the dealer for Code info first. There are sometimes a few more fuses involved in the higher end model audio systems.So, to put it bluntly, remove ALL fuse that are marked Audio or Radio. I am not super familiar with later model Camry JBL system, but earlier systems always seemed to be powered from everywhere.

( This is also why pulling the battery cable is easier, No need to figure out how many or which fuses)