2003 Camry LE vs. SE

I'm looking at a LE and SE and know the differences (options) between the two, but what I really am looking for is information in regards to the Sports Supsension on the SE. The only visible difference I can see is the upper strut bar in the engine bay. If I were to buy an LE and purchase the upper strut bar, would I get the same type of feel as the SE suspension, or are there actually more parts being used in the sports suspension in the SE?

A second question is what are the differences between the SE V4 and V6 (besides the obvious gas consumption, horsepower, and price) ? Will it be more expensive to repair? Are the V6 engines from Toyota reliable?

Thanks for any information.

--GUS

Reply to
Gus Ktabi

In the US: On the 4 SE you get rear disk brakes that don't come on the 4 LE. The shocks are different as is the size of the sway bars. Tires are performance vice all season - mine has Michelin. The gauges and trim are sportier as are the seats. Leather shifter and steering wheel are great. Depending on purchase date the spoiler or sun roof may be std and the SE gets different alloy wheels. You can get 5 spd manual on 4 but not on 6. ABS is std on 6 but optional on 4. You can get VSC (skid control) on 6 but not the 4 --- plus you can get leather on 6 but not on 4. I'm very happy with my 4 SE automatic. The V6 is a great engine --- couple of spark plug are a real pain to replace. Unless in hilly country or always heavily loaded vehicle the 157hp 4 is fine --- especially with the 5 spd manual.

Reply to
Wolfgang