2004 Solara - Noise In Rear

My wife's 2004 Solara SLE Coupe has a strange noise that sounds like it's coming from the trunk (rear end) of the vehicle. The noise is only noticeable when driving over a rough road or certain types of bumps. The noise sounds like a spare tire that's not bolted down in the trunk. After checking the spare several times to be 100% sure that it was secure (and it was), I removed it (and the cover) for a test drive. No change. The "loose spare tire" noise was still there. Has anyone else noticed this noise in their 2004 Solara? Any ideas on what it might be?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

This was a frequent problem with earlier Camry models.

Travis Jordan

Did you remove the jack and tools. It could be in the suspension, I had a bad bushing. Its under warranty, right

Reply to
m Ransley

I dont own a solara but your car is under warranty. My bushings wore and made a thud noise on good bumps I beleive it was on a rear suspension arm, cheap, easy and a quick fix, but I was out of warranty. Even a midas or any shock store Car x , should locate it quick and just give an estimate.

Reply to
m Ransley