2005 Camry DVD Navigation System Disc Replacement?

I have a 2005 Camry XLE with Nav and want to update the DVD dadabase (version .04.1). I checked out the cost of the update (Gen 5 database) at the dealer and they want $250 for it. Does anyone konw if the data DVD is available directly from the Nav System OEM at a lower price. If anyone has done this, please let us know the procedure. Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Thurman

Might want to check dealers online - frequently prices are much more reasonable and you're still getting Toyota parts that are fully compatible.

Reply to
Daniel

Sounds like the average price (maybe even lower) for a Ford/Lincoln software update.......I don't sell 'em but I service the nav radios and system components. This software pricing seems a bit of a ripoff to me as there are anly two makers of nav software I think. So a cheaper price would likely give more sales. ( 5- 7 discs for the US according to system) Just you wait though, the current dvd systems will likely go obsolete soon, as the HD/blu-ray stuff comes out, they'll screw it around some more and it'll mean a new unit upgrade instead.(all the gadget nuts'll have to go buy a new car)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB