2003 Vibe NAV disc update?

I have a 2003 Vibe with a OEM NAV and decided go embark on a quest for a updated data disc.

I started at

and they pointed me to the GM Nav Disk Center at Phone: 1-877-628-3472 Web Address:
My VIN did not register as having a update available nor did the generic search for a update show that anything was available for 2003.

I returned to the Navteq site and emailed a query about a update and told them the 2003 NAV wasn't available via GM's site and they responded "Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. While Pontiac uses our map data we neither produce nor distribute the disks for their systems. If the Nav Disk Center was unable to help, the only other thing we could suggest is that you contact the parts and service department at your local Pontiac dealer." I've called a couple of dealers in my area with no better result.

Web searched pointed to earlier thread in this forum as well as this Denso site

Has anyone tried the Cadillac disc this references or had better luck than I in updating a 2003 NAV disc?

Reply to
Jim Lawson

those updates are never any good anyway. There is a road here in GA that has been built for 4 years now, and it still does not show up in any updates.

Reply to
jay420