88 Camry lamp failure sensor

Stop lights are not working.I think it is the failure sensor is problem. Where is it located?

Reply to
J A SAVAGE

Usually in trunk by left or right hinge. It usually has a yellow plastic case. I tried bypassing it before so brake lights work but warning light stays on on dash and sometimes interferes with other systems light ABS warning or something like that (i forget).

Reply to
Edmechanic

Reply to
John

Thanks for the help. I located the sensor and removed it. I tied the green/red and green/white together for the stop lights. The light green and green tie together for the tail lights. Leave the other wires disconnected to keep the warning light out on the dash. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
J A SAVAGE