90 camry

I have a 1990 camry, and when i am driving, there seems to be a rattle before the shift. sounds like tin or metal. anyone kno what this could be?

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Reply to
Matthew

Is it automatic?

Are these heavy acceleration shifts?

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

My daughter's Mitsu did that. Turned out to be a loose heat shield on the exhaust. Worth a look. FWIW YMMV DFB

Reply to
NickySantoro

And a BMF to boot!

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

Same with my '96,..the heatshield makes a buzzing sound at a certain rev-point.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

"" wrote: > I have a 1990 camry, and when i am driving, there seems to be > a rattle > before the shift. sounds like tin or metal. anyone kno what > this could be? > > snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

I once had a catalytic converter go out that sounded like this.

Reply to
tbober