92 Camry slopply axle

My 1992 2.2L AT Camry shakes really hard accelerating through 45-60mph. I can feel it wobble a little at lower speeds, it's more subtle and seems to follow the wheel speed.

I had all new tires put on, didn't help at all. I suspected the engine mounts since the dogbone was shot, so I replaced the front (totally shot), rear (seemed ok), and dogbone. This helped just a little, the shaking is still really bad. There isn't any clicking when I turn, so I had ruled out the CV joints, but I took a peek anyways and replaced the intermediate shaft bearing (blown) but that didn't help.

I did notice that on the driver side that the tripod case, the part at the engine end of the shaft just before the tranny, was really sloppy in the transmission. Putting my hand on the tripod case i can move it

1-2cm in any direction. Is this likely the cause of my problem? It seems strange that parts in the transmission would be able to move so freely.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions, I've run out of possibilities at this point.

Reply to
wohopto