93 Camry Need Advice

I have a 93 Camry 4cyln since new with about 210000kms on it and recently I've noticed that when I drive off when the engine is cold it takes longer for the transmission to shift through the gears. It has an automatic transmission and once the car has reached it's running temperature the transmission shifts smoothly. Can anybody offer any advice?

Reply to
Sam

Change oil and filter, be sure level is correct.

Reply to
m Ransley

Absolutely. If the transmission is over filled, there's too much pressure. This is actually more harmful than if it's slightly underfilled.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Change the tranny fluid. Fluid could be low. Has it ever been changed ? More than likely it's over due. Good Luck !

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN