93 Camry Radiator Fan's always on

Hello, the radiator fan is always on. Keeling my gas milage. I thought it was a problem w/ the thermostat but that didn't help. Anybody had the same problem or have any info? Thanx for any help.

Reply to
Shah

Which fan? You have two. One for normal cooling one that comes on with the air conditioning running. Why do you think it is killing your gas mileage?

Reply to
ROBMURR

As a fail safe, if the temperature sensor fails, the fan is designed to always run (as opposed to not coming on at all.) Check the wiring connections and condition of the temperature sensor in the bottom radiator tank. If I'm not mistaken, to check the operation of the radiator fan, in a properly operating system, you should be able to disconnect the wires from the sensor in the bottom tank and have the fan run continuously.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus