95 camry fuel filter madness

need desperate help! had to change the fuel filter from hell,,2 make the story short- had to clip the lower end of the line by the bottom of the fuel filter to get it out... i was wondering if i could splice the line half way ( so i dont have to drop the tank) and place a compression filter with a new front half of line. Or maybe a metric flare ( could nit find metric flares at homedepot,pepboys,auto zone,and car quest)on the top half i clipped.. I would greatly appreciate any advise because i'm about to lose my mind.I've had this car for 10 years and 220k miles with basic repairs. But this time the headache has finally gotten the best of me.I

Reply to
ed g via CarKB.com

Best to just replace that section of fuel line. Next time, spray first with Kroil, and use crow foot flare nut wrench.

Reply to
Daniel

thanks for your help..replaced line..was easier than i thought it would be...didnt have to lower tank...the fitting to the tank was hard as hell....but loosened it and got it out..still having a problem though..car still shuts off and restarts...next i will be changing the fuel pump..can you recommend a decent website w/decent prices..thanks for your help...all stay safe

Reply to
ed g via CarKB.com

Take the money you're going to spend on a fuel pump and put it toward the factory service manual set instead. use the trouble shooting flow charts to isolate the problem area before replacing additional parts. If you're going to be working on your own car it really helps to have the authorized repair manual. You might find the problem is an ignition coil, loose connector at the distributor or some other item unrelated to the fuel pump.

Reply to
Daniel