96 Camry alarm - intermittent beep

I've got an annoying issue with the alarm beep when I arm/disarm my 96 Camry alarm. The lights still flash to show the car is armed/disarmed the way they are supposed to but the beep will come and go. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich

Reply to
SamWarr

The Toyota alarm is made by Fujitsu-Ten. I think their fax back number for complete instructions is: 310-327-9905. Have it faxed to you and:

  1. Reset the alarm system.

  1. If that doesn't work, try checking all the connections for looseness.

  2. See if you can "borrow" another alarm controller and see if that works. Or try:

  1. If the controller works, keep it. ;)

Reply to
johngdole

My '98 Camry does the same thing. Sometimes it beeps, sometimes it doesn't - but it always sets/unsets the alarm. Hence, we just look at the lights blinking instead of counting on the audible feedback. Has done this for years.

- David

Reply to
David In NH

Forgot to mention the "reset" button on the alarm controller. But you'll have to program the keys after that. Who knows, just reboot the alarm.

Also, the chirper may be bad.

Reply to
johngdole