'96 camry idle dropping in gear only

Hi,

Odd problem, hope someone can help. My '96 Camry 4cyl autmatic has started an intermittent condition where if I am stopped, car is in gear (D) and my foot is on the brake for a few seconds the idle dips and comes back up, and will do this several times. If I flip it into neutral the idle is rock solid. Same if I have it in park. Driving it is smooth and does not miss.

This all started about 4 days after an engine shampoo. I brought it to a trusted shop and had the codes checked, no error codes, plugs removed/checked and reinstalled, coils and caps(?) checked - no problems there. The coolant level is normal and the problem is intermittent meaning that it happened today a bunch of times, I parked it, came out of the store and when I got going again it did not re-occur. Likely tomorrow it will happen again.

Has anyone seen this before?

Reply to
carman