White Car, little black speckles (dots) on the trunk area?

I have a white car, and it has little black speckles on the trunk area. When I wash it, the little black speckles (dots) become little brown speckles, but will not totally go away. I'm not sure if this is rust, or the beginning stages of rust, or just won't go away because I'm not using a strong car wash cleaner. Can anyone advise me what to do? It's over a considerable area of the trunk...would white "touch up paint" be good on it...or is the area too big?

Reply to
jason.wu001

You need to use a rubbing compound, just washing won't do anything. But don't use a rubbing compound if it's clear coat paint.

Reply to
SMS

Try some bug and tar remover available in auto parts stores.

Reply to
NickySantoro

If you rub your hand across these bumps, are they depressions (small chips in the paint) or raised bumps (some sort of deposit on the surface of the paint). If they are raised then using clay from your auto store after you next wash it should remove it. This is also usefull if you have small paint marks from other car doors bumping your car. If it is a chip in the paint, then it may be rust and I am not sure what the best solution is, touch up paint might work.

Reply to
Robert McMillan