1996 Camry LE antenna problem

Have power antenna. Dang thing aint working now.. and too expensive to replace at this time..

Is it possible to just disconnect the mast and manually put the danged antenna up.

In fact, the only time i'd have it down would be to go thru car wash..

what do you think? can this be done..

cheers

don

Reply to
Don

charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Don: First, you might have just to replace the antenna mast, and not the = whole antenna.

I bought a mast about 1 year ago for $23.00 US dollars at =

If you just want to disconnect the antenna for now, it is easy; you = just have to remove the side cover inside the trunk [the one covering = the antenna], and unplug the power wire from the antenna [I think it has =

2 wires connected to it].

Depending on where you live, sometimes it is not needed to have the = mast up; however, if the mast is broken from the inside, it might not be = possibe to leave it up all the time.

Reply to
FORY

You can buy an aftermarket antenna for 50 bucks or less and it comes with enough instructions that only a 14 yr old can understand it.............................If you have any mechanical skils you can figure it out and install your own.

That is , if you can't figure out an alternative.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®