!993 Camry vibration

I have a 1993 Camry and it vibrates starting at 50M.P.H. and then it gradually disappears when it reaches 60-65 M.P.H.. I have balanced the wheels, moved the tires from front to rear and did a wheel alignment. Anyone else have any ideas. Other then those speeds it runs pretty smooth.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Marcuzzi

I have had the same problem for years and finally found the source---worn motor mounts.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Joe Golden

Are your rims (wheels) steel or mags? If they are steel, one or more may have been buckled. This can be checked on the dynamic balancer. Look for runout (wheel wobble) in the horizontal and vertical plain. If I recall,

1/8" is the maximum.

It is a common belief that balncing can eliminate vibration caused by untrue rims or wheels,...this is not so.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I had the same problem , I threw out all the beer cans and it went away

Reply to
mark Ransley

My problem was caused by rim runout. Replaced 2 rims, all is OK now.

Reply to
Dan

I had similar problem.

Cause: the heat shield bolts rusted away and the heat shield was resting on the exhaust pipe. There were certain speeds that it started vibrating - hard to see unless you crawl under car.

Reply to
Rewire