ABS Light on

I have an 1995 Australian build Camry "great car" A neighbour and I have just replaced the front struts but now the ABS warning light on the dashboard is "on " all the time I have carefully retraced my steps and can see nothing wrong. Does anyone have an idea what we may have overlooked?

.Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Reply to
Sandy

You can use the free repair guide on Autozone.com (with registration) to extra the ABS code. It'll tell you if it's an ABS sensor or something else.

My guess, especially after a strut replacement, is that you probably affected the wheel speed sensor in some way. (for example, was it plugged back in?etc etc) And that it's not getting the pulse signal from the rotations. Check that, and use a toothbrush to clean of magnetic particles (brake dust) on the sensor.

In the US there are parts stores that will read the codes out for free. Maybe you have them too there.

Reply to
john