AC turning ON and OFF.

To reduce consumption of fuel and to reduce load on engine I turn my AC ON and OFF in periodical intervals of 5 minutes while driving on the blazing southern California streets. Am I doing more harm to my AC and engine or am I doing the right thing?

Reply to
Manoj Nair

The A/C normally cycles the compressor ON/OFF/ON as needed to maintain set temperature. "Harm" is not the question you should ask. "Am I saving significant amounts of gasoline" might be a better question.

BTW, our streets have not really been "blazing" lately unless you live out in the deserts.

Reply to
Philip®

Why not just set the temperature setting a little higher so it automatically cycles off more often. The switch will wear out if you keep it up..

Reply to
Wolfgang