advice about service manual

I own a 99 toyota camry but dont know anything about it. I happened to goto toyota dealers a couple of times for repair and felt like getting ripped off. After searching on the Net I came across the "Chilton", "Haynes" and "Toyota Factory" Service manuals. First two are in $15 range and the Factory one is $40. Is Factory service manual a good book for a beginners? Or you suggest the Haynes, Chilton's books?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
RV

Factory is not for beginners -- surprized it is only $40 --- its usually 2 or 3 volumes (2-3 inches thick total) for like $120+. So if the complete set is $40 then its a real deal. I use the Haynes for normal maintenance.

Reply to
Wolfgang

If you can get a complete Toyota factory manual for $40 get it, you can = find allot of useful information in it and when you don't need it = anymore, I am sure that you will be able to sell it for approximately = $40.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks a lot for your advice

Reply to