Advice needed on buying Sienna

Hello all,

My friend is considering buying a USED 2003 Sienna LE, with 27000 miles on it. It is originally looks like a Ontario govt. fleet return and it is at a delaer in Detroit. The price quoted is US $18700.00 .

How is this deal? I checked the blue book value at Kbb and it is $19200.00 . I am skeptic of buying rental and fleet returns because of improper care. My friend is very much interested since it is some $5000 less than new one's price.

What's you guys openion?

TIA, VK

Reply to
vk

I'd trust the care given a fleet vehicle over an unknown individual. A minivan was probably used for shuttling people around and wouldn't have seen the type of driving that would lend itself to abuse. Is this a certified used car? If not just make sure he gets it thoroughly checked out. At 27,000 miles all it needed was its oil changed on time, if he could verify that that got done I'd feel pretty good about the vehical.

-Tom

Reply to
TomH

I rather doubt that the Ontario Government would be using Toyotas. Any Ontario Govenment fleet vehicles I've seen are usually from the big three. I would looking more carefully into it's history.

Norm

Reply to
Norm

Strange, since Toyota certainly has a large manufacturing presence in Canada (Ontario, specifically).

Maybe this is one of those exceptions, maybe not.

Travis Jordan

True, but the vast majority of auto workers (read voters) in Ontario work directly or indirectly for either Chrysler, Ford or GM. Also, the Big Three have always promoted fleet sales.

Norm

Reply to
Norm

Maybe BC is an exception then coz aside from those Prius used by the BC Parks, several cities in the lower mainland use non-Big 3 police cruisers. North Van uses those Mercedes Benz SUV's, and Burnaby RCMP use Volvo police cruisers. I have also seen local RCMP use a VW bug and a Honda Insight here as police vehicles.

Reply to
jeppy