Altima 1995 buying advice needed

Hi,

I have come across a Altima seller who plans to sell the car for $2000 which is 500$ below kbb price. The car has drive side power window problem. If the power window is down once, it doesn't go up. Is is a major problem in altimas ?. Any idea how much it could cost to fix it. Could you please advise whether is it safe to buy a car which has an issue like this.

Appreciate you help !.

Thanks.

Reply to
Chakri

It probably needs a new motor. You can get them for about $150 if you can put it in yourself.

Reply to
JimV

How much it may cost if i approach a nissan dealer or a repair shop ?.

Reply to
Chakri

As for being an issue, I don't think it is a continuing problem in the early models like the 1995. My 1994 had the right-rear window motor fail under warranty at about 12,000 miles. But, I have never had another window motor fail and it now has 114,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Orv

If you will go back a couple of days to the 27th, you will find a thread about a 2001 Sentra that had a driver's side regulator replaced at a Nissan dealer for $275.

Reply to
willshak