Are wheel allignments covered under Warranty?

5000 miles on 2002 Camry bought new. Car wanders in lane and may be allignment problem. Spoke to dealer service and asked if it is covered. Got maybe as an answer...which means they will probably charge.
Reply to
Marty009

According to the manufacture's warranty, alignment is free for just one time within 12 months of the purchase date. I confirmed it with the dealer after I found alignment problem with my new 2003 Camry.

Reply to
GD

Keep in mind that the dealer gets reimbursed by Toyota for warranty repairs, they do not eat the cost themselves. However, the reimbursement rate is lower than their normal rate for labor, and the dealer would also loose any markup on the parts (not really applicable in this case). So the dealer is not highly motivated to charge you for something that should be covered under warranty. They usually try and follow the warranty rules defined by Toyota.

Nevertheless, any time I take my car in for warranty repair (not very often), I try to have some other scheduled maintenance done at the same time (if appropriate) so the dealer can at least make a few bucks off the deal. Time for an oil change?

Reply to
Mark A

Thanx for the reply. What you say makes good sense. Unfortunately, I just changed the oil myself. I have'Nt had to bring the veh in once in 1.5 years...zero defects, except for this and I always change the oil myself.. I'l ljust spring for the 49.95 if neccessary.

Reply to
Marty009

Excessive toe either postivie or negative will produce "wandering" in the lane. A front wheel drive car needs zero to as much as 1/8th inch negative toe (toed out). FWD cars try to toe-in as power is applied and this must be compensated for so that the tires wear wear evenly and to minimize wandering.

Reply to
Philip®

Reply to
John

See ya John. We'll maybe drop by and see how things are going for you in the other auto group, let us know what you buy, so we know which group to find you in.

Reply to
MDT Tech®