Best oil filter for Camry -- thanks!

thanks for all the feedback i received here regarding the best oil filter and when to change it.

i'm going to be using Castrol Syntec 10W-30 oil with Purolator Premium Plus filters, at least for now. i'm going to see if i can purchase PureOne filters online since at a reasonable price since i can't get them locally.

even though i'm not hard on my vehicle (99 Camry, 2.2 4cyl) i'm going to change the oil every 5k miles, unless i use a PureOne filter in which case i will change it at 7.5k.

just changed my oil today.

one last Q:

any 2-stage air filter recommendations, and where can i get them online?

i've seen Amsoil, but it's around $30 without shipping. ouch.

Reply to
pcnut

thanks for all the feedback i received here regarding the best oil filter and when to change it.

i'm going to be using Castrol Syntec 10W-30 oil with Purolator Premium Plus filters, at least for now. i'm going to see if i can purchase PureOne filters online since at a reasonable price since i can't get them locally.

even though i'm not hard on my vehicle (99 Camry, 2.2 4cyl) i'm going to change the oil every 5k miles, unless i use a PureOne filter in which case i will change it at 7.5k.

just changed my oil today. :)

Reply to
pcnut

Here is a web site for an oil filter study:

tudy.html

Wayne Norman

"Options are optional."

Reply to
Wayne55Dud

Check on the web for

They sell Toyota filters at a good price.

Reply to
Ronbo

Dont know about 2 stage but Purolator is making one now that looks like a newer design, appears to flow more air..

Reply to
ROBMURR

Who cares if it flows more air? You spend over 90% of your driving hours at less than 1/3 throttle anyway!

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Thought I read the stock Toyota air filter is three stage - that is, progressively finer filter media to trap larger particles near the surface to maximize air flow while still filtering smaller particles effectively.

Just as a general guide, you'll have a difficult time improving on the Toyota parts: spark plugs, igniiton wires,vacuum lines, radiator hoses, etc. - I continue to be amazed at the quality of these and other items. Chances are, when you begin to substitue parts, you're going to reduce rather than improve performance and longevity.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Just giving him an alternate to the stock filter.

Reply to
ROBMURR