Blower motoer

I took my 1999 Camry CE to an auto shop because the fan only works on high. They took apart the glove box and were going to replace the resistor but say the connector is hosed. Went to the dealer as the connector is a dealer part. Went back to have both parts install, Oops! Wrong part. So now I'm waiting for the right part to come in. Is this a normal repair or am I being scammed? Norm

Reply to
norm46

Can you get any more details about how exactly the connector is hosed? Did it melt due to a short (there should be a fuse to prevent that)? The connector is quite protected, behind a plastic panel, so I can't see it being damaged unless the guy pulled it off by the wires or something. It sounds suspicious to me.

Reply to
Nobody Important

If the mechanic didn't yank it loose (verify but also give the benefit of the doubt), it may be because the resistor overheated. It's basically a power resistor that generates heat and needs cooling in the air stream.

Reply to
johngdole