Camry 2005 Drum Brakes Question

I have a qustion about brake shoes for rear drum brakes. I have changed front brake pads after around 90k kilometers (55k miles, this is fantastic durability!), and wondering if there is any way of guessing when would be time to take a look at the rear brake shoes. From my experience the drum brake shoes last much longer than front brake pads. Is there any audible signal from rear drum brakes when shoes gets thin, similar to the front brakes? I know that the easiest way to check would to take a look, but it is cold in this area now, and I guess this has to be delayed until spring. Any potential issues with taking the drums off? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Wes

100000 miles is common or maybe after 2 front sets, thats well after, so have a warm winter and wait, just my non pro experiance, since yours last 90k you must brake easy and drive some highway, you might go 200k, but this number is based on a 91 model. Maybe Toy has tried to save a buck and sell more pads by making them wear sooner., So I think your model and year is what you should state.
Reply to
ransley