Camry Comparison

Hi,

I need to know what the difference between Camry manufactured in American and that one in Australia

-Performance

-Aircondition

-Spare Parts

Reply to
Ibraheem

I haven't the faintest idea except to say that here inOz the 2.2L 5SFE engine produces 125hp according to various sources. This may be because we dont have good high octane fuels courtesy of the anti-lead campaign.

The AC in my '96 uses aa Toyota compressor with 'green-gas' (not true FReon) and works better than any other car I've driven here.

Spare-part availability is adequate. It s only when a car reaches 20+ years old that parts become a little harder to get. Ford Australia do not support spare parts beyond 10 years. That is to say after 10 yrs they leave the customer to what is in stock at the dealership.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

.... also the keyless entry and security system is manufactured by a local company.

Reply to
Paul

Hi, Thanks a lot for these information, in fact, I live in Dubai-UAE (Middleeast) and here all new and used Camry are from Australia but now we have some companies here importing used Camry from USA and I want to buy from them I'm not sure from

-If the spare parts is same

-If the AC is good as that from Australia

Thanks again bye

Reply to
Ibraheem

The steering wheel is on the wrong side too.

Reply to
T-man

I am not in a position to be able to compare air conditioning between the US and Australian versions, but my Camry gets cool enough on a 100+F day.

Reply to
Paul