Water in trunk!

Hello, I know most of the questions received are performance related but I have a mystery I can't figure out. Recently purchased a 96 Camry LE for my mom that's in excellent condition. Here in Oklahoma we've been pounded with rain for the last 4/5 days. Yesterday I was changing out the antenna mast when I noticed that the fabric trunk liner was damp. With further investigation I discovered a quarter inch of water in the spare tire well. All trunk seals are intact and seem to be in serviceable condition. I mopped up the water and could not find any evidence that this had occurred before. Maybe she accidentally pulled the trunk lever, but that would have only caused it to open maybe a 16th in. and I can't believe that would account for all the water.Talk about gremlins, lol. Well any input will be greatly appreciated. Tulsadriller Tulsa, Ok.

Reply to
tulsadriller

I had the same problem once and found a hole in the metal seam that the rubber seal is attached to. There was also an air hole in the rubber seal near the metal seam hole. That let the water in to the trunk.

Reply to
badgolferman

On my older '93 Camry it was the plastic reflector between the tail lights that didn't seal at the top -- there was a TSB out on it. I removed it and sealed the top with silicon sealant. Maybe the lid doesn't close down enough --- you should be able to adjust the striker so it is tighter.

Reply to
Wolfgang