Car is having problem crank in the morning

My 95 Camry with 80,000 KM recent develops a dead battery problem. I drive a lot of short trips to drop off kids to school. Just recently after the car is parked overnight the battery is dead in the morning when I start my car. Eventually it will start but not before having tried a number of times to crank it over. Once I got it going I have no problem starting again for the rest of day, well almost. I haven't install any new electrical equipment to the car for a long time. I measured the drain current when the ignition key is shut off and the drain current is 200 mA. Is this a normal drain for a switched-off car? The only thing that draws current all the time from the car is the car alarm. I removed the fuse to the alaram the drain didn't change. It looks to me it's not the alarm system. I had the battery checked from the auto shop and they said it was fine but was low on charge (it's their battery with warranty). I tried another battery and it has the same problem even after the battery is fully charged before I installed it. I realized that all the short driving distance is not good for the battery at all but I've done this for a long time and the battery problem is only appearing just now.

Has anyone run into the same or similar problem? How did you solve it? I suspect that there is some equipments out there draining the battery after I shut the car off. Can anyone suggest some solutions? I am just short of going through my car and pulling the fuses to see which equipment is drawing power.

Thanks in advance

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Q

car.

How about the boot ( Trunk) light staying on. Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin G3LIV.

drive

car

John

drive

car

John

For comparison, my 2003 Corolla measures 30 mA. Simply opening a door (dome light) raises the draw to 780 mA.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au, John being of bellicose mind posted:

Reply to