Changing an interior dome light?

How do I change the bulb in a '97 Toyota Camry?

Reply to
FBPro

Check you owner's manual. They have instructions for changing most bulbs (but I don't know for sure about that one). But if you see any screws holding the dome light cover, then it is probably safe to assume that you need to remove them.

Reply to
Mark A

if it is anything like my 1995 Camry you'll have to pry off the light cover. It is very, very difficult, but can be done.

Reply to
Russell

You can get long life bulbs made by Sylvania. I believe that NAPA has them, but probably others also.

Reply to
Mark A

I hope they changed it from the '92-'96 design! If you should slip with the screwdriver and blow a fuse, it's conveniently located in the...engine compartment.

Reply to
mj

Be sure to not touch the bulb with your fingers. Your skin contains oils which will be left on the bulb. This will create hot spots in the bulb and can shorten the life of the light bulb. This is especially true on halligen lights. I either wear gloves or use a paper towel to handle light bulbs.

Reply to
Clay