Check engine light on!

My 99 Camry check engine light was on and some one checked my car with those car computer and say it's related to EVAC?? or something.... then he re-caped my fuel tank cap. In about an hour driving, the check engine light went off!! My question is that will the check engine light go off automatically after the problem is solved or maybe he pushed the reset from his computer? and should I be concerned and take it to a dealership to have my car checked?

Reply to
Jerry

the check engine light WILL go off if the problem is no longer detected by the vehicle computer, however, the trouble code will still be in the computer memory for a while, and it'll eventually erase after I think 50 trouble free starts.

if your gas cap was loose.. no big deal and no need to waste time at the dealer.

Reply to
Eric F