2.5td crank pulley bolt direction & Clutch

Hi, I just finished the V8 to 2.5 TD conversion, back on the road, and running well, but definitely sounding like a tractor compared to the V8..., but have to say seems as fast as the V8, or maybe it's just the noise :-)

2 questions.. 1) Is the crank pulley bolt normal thread (ie clockwise to tighten) I had one come loose on my previous TD, so want to make sure this one is tight.

2) The clutch only disengages when the pedal is nearly to the floor, works fine etc, just wondered if there's anything I can do to make it work more in the middle of pedal travel. It has correct slave cyl for the LT77 but still has master cyl from the V8 (LT85)

Thanks alot! Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Seems to be a feature! All i've driven seem to have the bite at the bottom of the pedal travel, I have LT77/VM RR, a LT77/200Tdi RR a LT77 in a 200Tdi conversion from V8 and a R380/300Tdi. On the 200 conversion I found i had to cut away a portion of the underfloor soundproofing to get a proper disengagement of the clutch.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

The 2.5 non turbo D crank pulley is a normal thread.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks Alex & Tom, good to know both are normal! The clutch takes some getting used to, I keep stalling it! Andrew

Reply to
Andrew