Dashboard clock 99 conquest

Is it possible to fit a clock into the dash in the mock vent hole on the top left of the instrument cluster. Australian version 99 Conquest V6 sedan. I have seen clocks in other models. Would it be possible to fit a clock as a retro fit item. One from a wreckers is available bu they do not know if there is a wiring harness for it in my model. Any ideas?

Reply to
Shydog

What Car is that ,................say,................American Equivalent?

Is it a camry????

I cannot find any reference to it on any Toyota site.

I was gonna look for info and found nothing.

If it's a Camry equivalent, there are wires in almost every one of the american ones I've had the opportunity to tear down for other stuff.

Doesn't sound like, from the description though, that yours is a later model bodied Camry type.

Hope this helps.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Sure is a Camry. As I said a 99 Conquest V6 sedan. Wide body. Other models have the clock in the dash position I described. I'd have to replace the instrument cluster surround to start with and then add the clock. But what is reall stopping me is the possibility of not having a suitable wiring harness behind the dash.

Reply to
Shydog

Shydog wrote: || Sure is a Camry. As I said a 99 Conquest V6 sedan. Wide body. Other || models have the clock in the dash position I described. I'd have to || replace the instrument cluster surround to start with and then add || the clock. But what is reall stopping me is the possibility of not || having a suitable wiring harness behind the dash.

All you need is a 12v power supply and a ground.

Reply to
finnedone

onloy if you don;t want it to work with the headlight switch.

The wiring will likely be there. Try pulling the existing surround out and see if there's any wiring. If you can get a good price on the factory clock, BUY IT. They are almost as much as the new ones from the dealership here in Dallas Tx area. And they're very high dollar.