Engine swap & bushing replacement

I need to know if a rebuilt engine from a 98 Camry can be used in a 87 Camry. also, the bushings need to be replaced. which bushing?, don't have a clue.

Reply to
Hottziecatz

If you have enough money, I bet you can find someone to make it fit. And there are bushings all over the place. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Reply to
qslim

If you have enough money, I bet you can find someone to make it fit. And there are bushings all over the place. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Reply to
qslim

You'll have a much simpler time using the same engine type. Not to say it is impossible, but the engines are clearly not the same. The electronic engine controls are different. Just guessing about bushings - would guess the bushings in the suspension - front swing arm.

Reply to
Daniel

Here's an example. Read about a guy, put a '97 engine into a '96. There was no wire for the crank position sensor, and the car wouldn't run without it.

Reply to
Daniel

It can be used, but its not a direct replacement.

Do you have a I4 (3S-FE) or V6 (2VZ-FE)?

--

88 LE

88 LE's Profile:
View this thread: