Front Brake Pads thickness

Is anyone familiar with the thickness of new front brake pads on a Camry

2000? i.e. what should they be when measured brand new? That should give me an idea of percentage of use when checked afterwards. Thanks Jean-Guy
Reply to
Jean-Guy Paradis

Normally pads are appx 1/4" - 5/16" thick when new and should be replaced when they are appx the thickness of a nickel. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Thanks David. I presume 5/16" is a typo. I understand you mean 1/4" - 5/8" ...not 5/16". My pads are currently what the dealer estimates to be down to 20%. I measured the pads and my calculations are the pads thickness is currently

4/16" or 1/4". I probably should get them serviced. Thanks again. JG

Reply to
Jean-Guy Paradis