Turn signals and 4-way flashers totally dead

I just had the battery and alternator replaced on my 97 Camry, and now the turn signals and 4-way flashers are totally dead. They don't even make the clicking noise. Everything else electrical works, including the dim filaments in the front and rear parking lights.

What could cause this? A blown fuse? What would cause it to blow? Could it have been a one-time surge related to the electrical work, rather than a persistent (or intermittent) short that has to be chased down and fixed? If it's something I can fix myself, it will save me an inconvenient trip back to the repair shop.

-Apr

Reply to
AllstonParkingRefugee

"" wrote: > I just had the battery and alternator replaced on my 97 Camry, > and now > the turn signals and 4-way flashers are totally dead. They > don't even > make the clicking noise. Everything else electrical works, > including > the dim filaments in the front and rear parking lights. > > What could cause this? A blown fuse? What would cause it to > blow? > Could it have been a one-time surge related to the electrical > work, > rather than a persistent (or intermittent) short that has to > be chased > down and fixed? If it's something I can fix myself, it will > save me an > inconvenient trip back to the repair shop. > > -Apr

I have the exact same problem with my 96 Camry and was wondering if you got it fixed?

Reply to
Davenwa

The repair place that had recently replaced my alternator and battery told me the problem was that the flasher relay had gone bad. It's the thing that makes the turn signals flash, and also makes the clicking noise. They couldn't explain why it went bad, and charged me just for the cost of the part ($41). I had hoped they wouldn't charge me at all, since it was working until they did the other electrical work.

-Apr

Reply to
AllstonParkingRefugee