Goodbye Toyota

La times this morning. toyota to open mexican plant .By toyota, I will not buy your product and put Americans out of work. NEVER

Reply to
Ski

Before you get on your Huffy Bike and tear out into traffic, you MIGHT want to consider which model(s) are affected by this Mexican assembly plant. Might not even be complete vehicles ... only components.

As long as NUMMI stays viable, I'm content.

--

   ~Philip.
Reply to

Hey Ski: Toyota also announced new plants in San Antonio, Texas and in Jackson, Tenn. Those will employ a lot of Americans, so are you back in the fold now??

You could buy a good 'ol PURE AMERICAN car like a big Ford Crown Victoria. -- Which is really made in Canada !!!

Dick

Reply to
Dick Byrd

I'd bet a lot of the Crown Vic's sub-assemblies and components are made or assembled in Mexico as well. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Toyota loves to put people out of work. I spent 3 years working on a case where toyota refused to pay for about 40% of the steel they used in europe from 98-2000, lotta people went, or going bankrupt there. Its comapny policy.

Besides, if you want to blame someone for job losses - look at a US government which actively encourages companies to send jobs overseas.

Reply to
K`Tetch

So you are saying you will never buy a product made elsewhere? Well than we know you are also never buying a new TV , Radio, CD, DVD, Stereo, Microwave, Vcr, Camera, Camcorder, Phone, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etcetera. And if you consider foreign parts as your peeve you will be living in a cave ,walking.

Reply to
m Ransley

Not me, perhaps you should have replied to the original poster.

I meerly said that screwing people out of jobs is considered normal business practice for toyota. They even do it to their own executives (i know of over a dozen high level resignations and firingsg from

2000-2002)
Reply to
K`Tetch

Ktech I should have directed it to O.P. ski, sorry

Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in news:25688-41FEE21E-268@storefull-

3132.bay.webtv.net:

I will never buy a product made by Americas enemies and that is Mexico

Reply to
Ski

America's worst enemy is itself.

Reply to
K`Tetch

Welcome to the world of globalization.

If a job can walk to another location, it will walk to the cheapest employee.

Reply to
kiselink