have problem to start Camry smoothly

This is a 1999 Camry, of 100K milages. It works perfectly all the time untill yesterday.

If the car has been parked there for hours and I want to start it, I can hear the sound such as "gla-gla-gla" from under the hood, with no good. Until I step couple of times on the gas, then the car can be started.

Any suggesstions ?

Cj

Reply to
chunji08

Flat battery? If it's fuel injected, chances are pressing the accelerator probably doesn't solve or mask any problems.

Reply to
jg

================================ Search this group for "IAC idle valve"

Reply to