Long drive on New car

I brought new 07 toyota camry recently, i have only 2000 miles on this car till now, i need to move to newjersey from Atlanta, can anyone suggest that can i have long drive on new car? is it good for car? any suggestinos please....

Thanks Vinod.

Reply to
vinodbabu04

you must be joking right!!!! what did you buy the car for?.............to go to the local convinience store?

Here is an idea.....ship the car and why dont you go by greyhound.......

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
learnfpga

======================================== With the - there's a name for this - some kind of computerized machining - I'm sure I'll think of it right after sending this message, anyway, means "break in" period is not as critical as with less precise machining methods where it took some time for the parts, primarily the piston rings, to seal to the cylinder walls, and it was recommended to vary speed as much as possible. If you haven't already done the first oil and filter change, do that, and you should be fine. Sorry, I don't remember this number either, but just recently read the precision of cylinder bores in a modern engine and I belive it was in ten thousandths of an inch - .0002 something ============ I looked up the name I didn't remember - it is CNC machining - computerized numerical control - results in highly accurate machined surfaces, that's why it's OK to drive to Atlanta after 2,000 miles.

Reply to
Daniel

Highway miles are easy miles. Your car will enjoy the drive to Atlanta a lot more than short around-town trips.

Reply to
Andy Hill

Driving I95 you have a lot of varing the speed (Mostly stopped around the Woodrow Wilson Bridge at MD/VA border! I'd keep the speed down below 70 for the trip though.

Reply to
Wolfgang

You use less power to move at 55 then is usualy used from 0-30. Just stay around 60 and vary your speed a bit, check oils and tires a few times, defects do occur.

Reply to
m Ransley