help on 95 Camry Axel remove

hello all, I need you experts give me some advice on how to remove the righ side axel. I am able to remove the wheel side off the wheel, but after remove the snap ring and the center lock bolt, i could not remove the axel off from the center ball bearing holder and the engine. no mater how hard I pull, use hammer to bang on it. is the any tool for this kind of job? any help would be appreciated, thanks

Reply to
baudy

There was a recent thread about that ordeal, with some step by steps. Google google.

Reply to
Qslim

Use the word "axle" when you google instead of "axel". davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Good point, david. Although there have been several in-depth threads involving Axel Foley, famous 80's street cop who brought his rough and tumble urban Detroit smarts to the hills of Hollywood, they will be of no help in the removal of an axle from a Camry. Remember kids, homonyms can be dangerous.

Reply to
Qslim

Wish there was a definitive easier way. Even with the earlier thread, consensus seems to be use penetrating oil, bang on it bearing carefully, and continue for something like 4 -

8 hours.
Reply to
Daniel

Make sure to switch hands during the 4-8 hrs. You'll get a charly-horse if you don't. :-) davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

"davidj923" wrote: > Daniel wrote: > > Wish there was a definitive easier way. > > Even with the earlier thread, consensus seems to be use > penetrating > > oil, bang on it bearing carefully, and continue for > something like 4 - > > 8 hours. > > Make sure to switch hands during the 4-8 hrs. You'll get a > charly-horse if > you don't. :-) > davidj92

yeap! after 8 hour and a 6 packs of bud, it?s out.

Reply to
baudy