How to program a remote keyless entry? ('97 Camry XLE)

I bought a spare (used) remote keyless entry and need to program it to match my car's other remote.

How do I do it myself and avoid dumping another load of cash into my dealer's lap.

And.....if I replace the batteries in my original remote, will it need to be reprogrammed, too?

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
Jay Adair

Do a search and you will find the instructions. I posted the instructions on Google to reprogram the remote a month or so ago.

All the best.

Jay Adair wrote:

to match

need to be