Lexus Parking assist

What's up with the parking assist for Lexus? I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't put my money on that.

Reply to
EdV

Nor I. I think these "helpers" are a little like the thing on the Cadillacs that automatically disengages the parking brake when you put the car in gear. It's for people who are either too poorly trained in driving, or are too old or dumb to drive. I'd sooner see them hire a chauffeur and sit in the back seat. I think we may make things too easy for people of marginal ability....I once met a German lady who told me her driving test in Germany included having to perform the changing of a tire...She had to get the jack from the trunk, jack up the car, remove the tire and install the spare competently! I think most Americans couldn't do this at all, yet we let them have licenses.

Reply to
mack

Pity the poor marketing guys at the car makers. They have to come up with things that will distinguish their product from the others. I can remember hokey things like automatic high-beam controllers, and the old Plymouth push button gear selectors, the backward doors that killed so many, ...

Reply to
Stubby

Did she tell you what year that was?

Reply to